Friday, March 14, 2014

Happy National Potato Chip Day!

In honor of National Potato Chip Day, I'm posting the closest thing I have. This "see-through” herb and potato crisp recipe was done almost seven years ago, and it looks/sounds like it. By the way, have I really been doing this for seven years? 

Anyway, if you have some time to kill, and want to make something not exactly like potato chips, but close enough for the Internet, then I hope you give these a try. Click here to see the original post. Enjoy!

10 comments:

Garner C. Durant said...

Neato, but I thought March 14th was Pi day.

Chef John said...

It is!

Jude said...

Chef John, although 7 years old, your humor stands the test of time. You're classic man, just classic! xxoo

Chef John said...

Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

This looks amazing :D Thought it would be deep fried but baked is even better! Also, do you think additional salt is needed?

Though, as some others have pointed out, 3/14 is also pie day. Could we get a belated pie recipe some time...? The local store just had a "one box for one dollar" sale on strawberries so I went crazy and bought six of them, hehe...

Anonymous said...

Totally worth it, you're wrong Chef! It really is totally worth it! This was fun and tasty, just not the lavendar one, that one tasted like soap. The Smoked Paprika ones were good!
- Thanks!

Chester said...

I just popped these in the oven... Used Dill for my herb of choice. I'm sure they'll be good - everything I've tried from you has been a delight :)

Anonymous said...

Hey great post.. can you please do a recipe on Penna al verde please chef john.

Anonymous said...

Hey great post.. can you please do a recipe on Penna al verde please chef john. I beg you pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

holding rabbits said...

"Give it a try. It's totally not worth it" is maybe one your funniest lines.